Items that can be machine-washed without centrifuging:
- Percale cloth (100% cotton)
- Linen Tablecloths (100% cotton)
- Linen Table Mats (100% cotton)
- Fustian Bedspread
- Table Napkin
Items that should be hand-washed and air-dried
- Baby Shawls
- Baptism Towels
- Hand Towels
- Wedding Cloth Napkins
- Baptism Outfits
- Bar Napkins
For both washing methods
use dissolved coconut soap UFE (with no chemicals). See how easy it is:
- Grate or cut the soap into small pieces
- Add 1 liter of water for every 2 kg of soap and heat
- Turn fire off at boiling point
- Use three spoonfuls of the mixture in the wash
If the item has a strong color, or a color application, put a little salt into the water, for washing and rinsing.
Iron the piece, still wet, with the embroidered part inside out, on a table covered with fabric.
How to store the pieces
- Store the washed pieces, without ironing or starching.
- It is recommended to store the pieces wrapped in a blue, 100% cotton cloth. This will prevent stains on the fabric.
Useful tips for better conservation
- Red wine stain? Place a wet napkin on the stain. Do not let the wine stain dry up. Hand-wash the stain with coconut soap. Then wash the towel with dissolved coconut soap in the washing machine, without centrifuging.
Evaluate the general conditions of the piece to find out if it needs repair, special cleaning, darning mending or reuse of part of the piece.